Retirement planning & enjoying the fruits of your labour.
Designing a retirement plan to help make your dreams a reality starts with creating a unique retirement plan tailored to your personal goals and objectives. One of the ways WDC & Associates strive to help our clients become debt free is by working with them to create a Retirement Blueprint, which is unique to their situation.
The concept of retirement has changed dramatically in recent years. Only 20 years ago, it meant a few quiet years of rest after a hard life of work. But, with better health and life expectancy rates, retirement today could mean more time for sports and leisure, quality years with the family, travelling the world, moving to the beach, or doing something you've always wanted to.
The Retirement Blueprint is a customized plan of action that focuses on three things:
- Determining how much money you need to accumulate by the time you retire to maintain your current standard of living in retirement.
- Determining how much money you need to be investing annually/monthly to accumulate that amount of money.
- Determining how much money you need to be paying annually/monthly on your debts to be debt free by retirement.
Creating the Retirement Blueprint involves:
- Analyzing your current financial position; which will include your net worth, determining your current cash flow and identifying existing debt obligations and payments.
- Determining your proper risk tolerance level.
- Evaluating insurance and other protection planning.
- Determining proper asset allocation and investment strategies.
- Developing efficient income and estate tax strategies.
- Optimizing use of Employment Benefits including pensions, 401K plans and other qualified retirement plans.
- A Typical Retirement Blueprint may contain the following recommended plan of action items:
- Getting proper estate planning documents drafted.
- Investing the recommended amount monthly.
- Implementing the recommended tax strategies.
- Applying the recommended portfolio diversification strategies.
- Executing debt reduction strategies.
- Reviewing the Retirement Blueprint at least annually and adjusting as necessary.