Because of their complexity and interaction, state and local taxes are a key consideration in business operations, and can often drive the decision-making process.
Faced with chronic budget deficits, state and local governments have become more aggressive, enacting new taxes, regulations and surcharges, and increasing audit activity. The result is an ever-increasing state and local tax burden.
Whether it is income/franchise tax, sales/use tax, or another state and local tax issue, WDC & Associates professionals can help you manage this burden through proactive planning, exposure identification and remediation.
Our wide range of expertise includes income/franchise tax; sales/use tax, credits and incentives; and transactional planning and evaluation. By gaining an in-depth knowledge of your business, we provide tailored solutions suited to your needs; not “one size fits all” fixes.
- Outsourcing and co-sourcing of sales/use tax compliance
- Nexus reviews and remediation through voluntary disclosure and/or amnesty agreements
- Ruling requests
- Taxability studies/tax decision matrices
- Audit defense
- Refund reviews
- ASC 450 analysis and documentation
- Preparation and/or assistance with filing sales and use tax returns